I am a homeschooled teenage girl who has a lot of random thoughts and big dreams. Dreams like being a published author. I believe that that would be absolutely fabulous. I love to write and to find out where a story is going as my fingers hit the keys. I'll often start something and have no idea what I'm going to do with it. I have a ton of unfinished writing projects that I just stopped. Being motivated to carry through with a long project is not one of my strong points. But I will keep trying!
Another thing I love to do is mime. I am on a team called Silent Lights Discipleship Ministry with a bunch of other homeschooled kids. What we basically do is we take a song (like Awesome God, for example) and we silently act out stories from the Bible or of salvation to them. However, the main focus of the team is not on miming and sharing the gospel (though that is also very important); it is on discipleship. The age range of those on the team is about 10 to 17 years old and we are all learning how to follow Christ together. That means we have a weekly Bible Study and discipleship groups where we can share our struggles and pray for each other. I personally have grown so much in my walk with God from being on this team.
So. My family is rather large, there being seven children and all. I am the oldest and I have two sisters and four brothers. People will often tell us how lucky we are to have so many siblings and I believe they're right. I will admit, however, that I struggle with impatience and selfishness with my siblings. I am not a perfect older sister, but I am praying that God will continue changing me my whole life so that I am more and more Christ-like.
I do not know exactly when I was saved, but I know for certain that it happened. If God had not been working in my life all this time, I have no idea where I would be right now, but I'm pretty certain that it's not here. I am so thankful that I belong to God and that He loves me enough to care what happens to me. I hope that this blog will be something of a testimony to that love.
Some other random facts about me:
1. I am learning German.
2. I like to sew and the things that I have made include a pair of pj's and a dress for a ball which leads me to number....
3. I have been to a ball three times in my life and every time it was wonderful.
4. I like reading other blogs written by other teens.
5. I once ran a triathlon - it was very hard, but well worth it.
6. I do not like The Fellowship of the Ring book and so I have never read the rest of them.
7. I love learning about medieval times and World War II.
8. Computer stuff can be awfully confusing to me sometimes.
9. I went to public school for three years (first through third grade), before homeschooling.
10. Daddy coaches my soccer team and I love suicides, even though everyone I know hates them.
11. I am very good at procrastinating and at getting things done.
12. I used to play violin.
13. I have always wanted to be an author and still plan to.
14. I hope to go to college in Germany.
15. My two favorite TV shows are British: Doctor Who and Sherlock.
16. I almost cried when David Tennant regenerated into Matt Smith. David Tennant is my most favorite Doctor ever. Ever.
17. I love the sense of accomplishment you get when you clean your room.
18. My birthday is on Thanksgiving every seven years.
19. If I see or read something that someone else did and I like it, I will often copy it or change it a bit and use it. Like this list of twenty things about me. I saw that on a friend's blog and liked it.
20. We have seven animals in our house: two dogs, two cats, and three fish.
Whew. That was harder than I thought it would be. Funny how sometimes I can think of a million things to write and sometimes I can't think of anything.
Well, that's me! If you read anything else on here, I hope you enjoy it, if you go to read something else, I hope you enjoy that too. Thanks for reading about who I am and what I do!