Sunday, August 3, 2014

Is It True?

My sister and I are off to camp today! We are going to an amazing Bible Camp for a really great week of fun, Bible studies, and memory verses. It's called (drum-roll, please) . . . Bethel Bible Camp!

At this camp, there are some pretty awesome things to do including (but not limited to): archery, waterslide, creek, cookout, soccer!, and much more. So all that is amazing stuff that I love doing and that's part of the reason I love this camp so much. Another wonderful aspect is the girls there. There are so many beautiful, lovely girls there, worshiping God and laughing together. By the time you read this, we will probably already be there.

But the best part is probably the Bible studies. Every morning and evening there is an hour or so of listening to some great seminar-like sessions. I, personally, have learned so much from these and I've only been going to Bethel for two years. Take for example last year's sessions. They were all about "Christianity on Trial: what does the Bible teach and is it true?" Here are some of my notes on the first session:

  • Is what the Bible says really true?
  • Does truth exist?
  • My life depends on whether the Bible is true or not.
  • "Belief in something doesn't make it true; only truth makes it true." -Os Guinness
Truth By Nature Is:
  1. non-contradictory
  2. absolute
  3. discovered
  4. discriptive
  5. inescapable
  6. unchanging
  • Truth has to fit reality and make sense.
  • Truth does not go away just because you don't believe it.
  • Truth that is "Truth Within" is non-existent, unless I put God's truth inside of me.
  • Truth cannot be a personal thing. It's the same for everyone.
  • "We see the world not as it is, but as we are." - Stephen Covey
  • Truth that matches reality is true for me and you whether you like it or not.
So that was the first session. What conclusion did I come to at the end of the week? Is the Bible true? Does it fit these criteria?  My answer:

  • I'm not alone. God's here.
  • God is real and He cares about me.
  • God provides. 
That's what I found. What will you find? Is the Bible true? I believe that it is. Is God real? I believe that He is. Does my salvation depend on Him? I believe that it does. And I know I need to believe it to be saved.

-Kira

No comments:

Post a Comment